In person with Kate Miller
Cost: $60 + supplies
Skill Level: Intermediate
Sun. 1/15, 1/22, 2/19, and 3/5, 1-3pm
Not quite a sweater, and not quite a poncho, this drapey swoncho is perfect for dressing up any outfit. Select your favorite two colors of silky soft Skyland and cast on.
In this KAL, which is great for intermediate knitters, participants will learn to knit this swoncho by using two colors of Skyland to create the visually appealing stripe details throughout the garment. The Santa Rosa Swoncho is written for sizes XS through 5XL.
Be sure to purchase your yarn and other supplies from Silk Road Textiles, online or in store! Grab your favorite colors of Sweater yarn and get ready to cast on!
- Santa Rosa Swoncho pattern by Afifa Sayeed
- Skyland (30% Baby Alpaca, 30% Silk, 40% Fine Highland Wool; 100g/210yds) in two colors (A and B)
- For size XS (S, M, L, XL) (2X, 3X, 4X, 5X) you will need
- 1 (2, 2, 2, 2)(2, 2, 2, 2) hanks A,
- 4 (4, 5, 5, 5)(5, 5, 6, 6) hanks B
- Size 7 (5mm) 24" or longer circular needle
- Size 7 (5mm) 16″ circular needle (for neck band)
- and Size 7 DPNs (for sleeves) or size needed to obtain gauge
- stitch markers and waste yarn
- yarn needle
Spare needle for Three-Needle BO
Gauge: In stockinette stitch, 17 sts, and 24 rows = 4"